Answered By: Anne Marie Gruber Last Updated: May 13, 2020 Views: 262
Spring/Summer 2020 update: For any materials that were due after March 1, 2020, Rod Library will be automatically extending the due dates as necessary to allow patrons to keep most materials until normal campus activity resumes. This is to allow patrons to return materials without the risk of receiving any fines due to reduced university operations. Most Rod Library materials checked out by faculty and P&S staff are now due May 8, 2021. Most materials checked out to students and Merit staff are now due August 28, 2020.
Check Due Dates
To check due dates and renew if necessary (for eligible materials), go to OneSearch and Sign In (upper right) then select My Loans under your name. Note that the OneSearch option to Sign In is also linked on the main library webpage to the right of the main search box.
Book Drops Statewide
While Rod Library's building is closed, you have several options for returning Rod Library and IRTS materials:
- Rod Library outside book drop, to the left of the main (east) library entrance
- Gilchrist book drop in the parking area just to the west of Gilchrist Hall
- Library book drops at:
- Any of the 35+ Iowa college campuses included on this returns network map
- University of Iowa: outdoor library book drops at Main Library (125 W. Washington Street, Iowa City, IA) or the Hardin Library (600 Newtown Road, Iowa City, IA)
- Iowa State University: outdoor bookdrop located west of the entrance doors on the south façade of Parks Library, 701 Morrill Road, Ames, IA
- Mailing to 1227 West 27rd St., Cedar Falls, IA 50614. "Media rate" is recommended.
Please do not return equipment such as laptops to the book drops. The only exception is calculators belonging to The Learning Center (TLC); these may be returned to the Rod Library book drops. For other equipment:
- Library equipment: To arrange a time to return items in person, please contact Rod Library.
- IRTS equipment: To arrange a time to return items in person, please contact IRTS.
- All UNI-owned laptops: Please contact IT directly regarding due dates and return procedures in place at this time.
- Digital Media Hub equipment & questions: Please contact Rick Seeley at (319) 273-7218.
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) materials
Most lending libraries are extending due dates on ILLs. You will receive an email letting you know the new due date if your item is renewed. If an item needs to be returned, Rod Library staff will contact you personally. ILL materials can be returned via the library book drops or mail as indicated above. You do not need to contact us for a renewal, as we will request one automatically as your item comes due.
Rental textbooks from the UNI Bookstore
UNI rental textbooks may be returned to either Rod Library bookdrop (see above). For information about free mailing option via a pre-paid label from the UNI Bookstore, see https://unibookstore.com/
If you have questions, please contact us via any of the methods listed on the Remote Services guide: http://guides.lib.uni.edu/remote