Answered By: Anne Marie Gruber Last Updated: Dec 31, 2019 Views: 34
Yes. There are a variety of speech recognition/text-to-speech software options, including, but not limited to the following:
- Google Drive voice typing: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/4492226?hl=en
- Speech Recognition on Windows devices.
- Dictation on Mac devices.
- Mac Voice Control, which uses Siri to control everything on the Mac.
- Many cell phones have dictation options, and these may work with Google Drive, email, etc.
- Dragon Naturally Speaking. Contact UNI Student Accessibility Services for more information.
- Dragon Anywhere (cost)
- For more options, both free and fee-based, see this list.
For more help learning to use technology, see videos on UNI’s LinkedIn Learning, which includes tutorials on basic computer skills, typing, etc.
For more information about accessibility and technology, see the links below.