Answered By: Anne Marie Gruber Last Updated: Jul 30, 2018 Views: 26
In partnership with the UNI Office of Sustainability, Rod Library has a limited number of bikes for short-term checkout and use on/close to campus. Inquire at the Library Services Desk for more information.
- Bikes, locks, and lights check out for 3 hours, or until 15 minutes prior to close (whichever is shorter). Failure to return the bike key to the desk by 15 minutes before closing could result in loss of privileges for the semester.
- Users must sign a waiver form 1 time per semester and provide their own helmet if they wish to use one.
- Alumni and campus visitors (non-student/non-faculty/non-staff) are welcome to check out bikes as long as they acquire a free visitor card and complete the waiver.
- There are 8 bikes currently available first-come, first-served:
- Bikes 1 through 5 are typically designed for people 5'2" - 5'9" and are cruiser bikes (no speed adjustments).
- Bike 6 is designed typically for people 5'2" - 5'9" and has multiple speeds.
- Bikes 7 and 8 are designed for people 5'9" and taller. Both of these bikes are multi-speed.
For more information about longer-term bike checkout, such as for an entire semester, see the Office of Sustainability/Northern Iowa Student Government Bike Share Program (for students/faculty/staff only).