Answered By: Stan Lyle
Last Updated: Jan 22, 2016     Views: 9

Yes, the University has developed a UNI Author Addendum that you can attach to a publisher agreement to seek to retain some of your copyrights. This addendum is based on the University of Iowa and CIC Author Addendums.

FIRST Check the SHERPA RoMEO site to determine the open-access and self-archiving policies of publishers. This is an excellent source of information about publisher copyright policies in general, and it may be useful if an author needs to know, after having signed a copyright agreement, what rights he or she may have retained.  Use this SHERPA/RoMEO link to find publishers that allow authors to deposit the publisher version or PDF of their article in an Institutional Repository, without fee or an embargo.

SECOND Use the UNI Author Addendum to start a conversation about retaining some copyright for yourself.

Live Chat

More ways to ask questions!

phone  Call: 319-273-2838

texticon Text: 319-382-2736

desk Info & Research Help Desks