Answered By: Stan Lyle Last Updated: Jan 22, 2016 Views: 8
Endorsed by the Faculty Senate at the University of Northern Iowa on April 28, 2014
Resolution to Encourage Contribution to the UNI Institutional Repository
and to Initiate Discussions about Open Access
Therefore, be it resolved:
1) Whenever possible members of the UNI community should endeavor to retain the right to use their own work and to deposit such work in the UNI digital repository.
2) Use of the Addendum to Publication Agreements for University of Northern Iowa Authors is endorsed as the primary method and preferred tool for retaining such rights.
3) That individual members, academic departments, and other constituent groups of the university community begin to:
• learn more about the international Open Access movement,
• understand the benefits and challenges of the Open Access philosophy and Open Access efforts within the scholarly communication system, and
• consider the most appropriate role of the Open Access philosophy and efforts in university procedures and policy.